Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tools and exciting things

Well, recently Ian has decided that he doesn't actually want to do UI so he has moved to doing parsing stuff so with him no longer working on UI it is just me making tools that will go into the final project. That being said, I looked over the work that was done on menu creation, came to the conclusion that it was unusable with what we need to do. So, I wrote a menu creator, It is almost done, and its pretty exciting actually! the way it works is that it creates a tabbed pane viewer, this is exciting and then (the part I am working on currently) is being able to right click each individual tab which will allow you to add sub menus that drop down off each main menu item. I think this will be pretty easy and that we will be able to show professor Ackley tomorrow during our client meeting. In other news, I am still worried about all that needs to get done, but I have (so far) written: a Form Creator, a Style Creator, a Menu Creator, most of the properties panel( the rest of the work to be done there is going to be completed by John Schulz because he was really struggling with the server stuff so I took him off that and I am trying to work with him to find out what he can do.) He is supposed to have it at full functionality by tomorrow. If he is unable to do that though I will take it over.

    So, now what it is all about is taking these pieces and adding them into the framework that Theo made, and getting things going.


Still very worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment