Thursday, April 5, 2012

Current Status and moving forward

Believe it or not, our last client meeting with professor Ackley actually went well, I was partially shocked. Most of the reason I was shocked was because only 10 minutes before our program was not rendering output or zipping the files we created, BUT we were able to track down the bug, fix it and then have a successful meeting. Now as for what is next: Nail down what "marketing" means. I hadnt really thought about what doing marketing really means, so after thinking about it some, what I believe this means is getting real clients actually using our program, this is scary because of how many bugs we are still experiencing with our program, not to mention we dont have a server yet set up to run our program on and store the database, so this week/ weekend is going to be dedicated to getting this box set up and ready to go with people being able to login remotely and work on the project as well as be able to test the current status of specific pieces of functionality we need. While this makes me nervous, I guess all we can do is see how it goes and hope I am able to set it up. I will be updating this post as progress/ problems arise. Currently, the server is "created" but I need to configure the router and download some additional software to be able to get it working.

[EDIT]

I actually had the server that we were going to use, removed from my possession, pseudo forcefully, therefore, we may revert to using a site like hostgator.com. Again, will post updates as we decide things.

1 comment:

  1. Nialls, call me. I can set up a VM with the same configuration our group is using. Do you have my number?

    ReplyDelete