Thursday, March 8, 2012

Progress and plans

Well, the program is progressing well today I created the actual web-interface that people will see when they go to our site, if you wanna see a screenshot of it, here it is :)












Its a little sketch, but its a start, and it has been interesting learning to make actual webpages in GWT. I never thought I would be writing Java that compiles down to JavaScript and then renders HTML along with it. It's odd, but I like it. One of the things That I have found most interesting is that, like in my previous post, I found that GWT doesn't do multiple pages, it does single pages with canvas' that are drawn and destroyed based on what you want to display. This makes everything interesting because essentially it is more like an "application" than a webpage. But again, I like it. My group members are all really shaping up as well, Ian is doing a lot of great work on compiling GWT canvas' into individual HTML pages, Theo has been doing a fantastic job making sure that we dont have spaghetti code, but that our code is coherent and working all MVC style (for those of you who dont know MVC stands for Model, View, Controller. It is a programming concept that is meant to make sure that each piece of code has one thing that it does, and that everything is where it is supposed to be. For more information, visit wikipedia mvc) John is doing his best, and is currently working on adding more functionality to the currently created tools. Alex continues to do more to the server to make it more robust and make it more what we need. So this spring break will hopefully provide ample time for coding and making this the best project it can be.

here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment