Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's been a while

So,
     As you might have noticed, it's been a while since I have posted on here, the reason being that over spring break I was more fixated with adding content to the program than posting here. Though it probably would have been good if I had been posting here all week about my accomplishments because as it stands, I will be forced not to be sketchy and post multpile times for different additions/ work done but instead make one post detailing what I accomplished over break.

First things first, I wrote the main webpage!!! whoooo... it is pretty cool actually, I wrote the whole thing in GWT and the way it works is you have css styles you can write and set those in as styles to a GWT canvas, once that is done everything inside that canvas adheres to those styles. nifty right? from there I just went to town making things as pretty as possible, One of my biggest trials was trying to get rounded borders working. This is trivial using CSS3, but thinking that IE does not yet support this, I tried my hardest ( to no avail) to stay away from using these styles. So I actually wrote some classes in Java ( that will probably be thrown away) that draw shapes with rounded borders. But when i figured out that the CSS styles work, I eventually just used those.

      Moving on from there I wrote the menu picker and the corresponding Navigational menu styles to go with each menu. Essentially this functionality allows users to add Navigational menus to their website that will be used to jump from one page to another. I was working on a way to allow users to set the styles of the menu by themselves, but in the end what I decided was that the users who would employ this kind of feature arent the users I am marketing to. Therefore I opted for a set menu picker that sets the styles for you and all you need to do is choose a color scheme.

    From there I wrote ( what I though Professor Ackley wanted) the FAQ section. This outlines how to use each one of the tools that the user has access to, and how to use them, as well as a 5 step process to making their own webpage. I will be posting this document here shortly.

     After all this was doen, I turned my attention to taking the features that I had previously written ( form creation, text editor and menu picker, and making them all MVC'd so that they could be undone and work well with Theo's selection Marquee stuff.


    After that, I worked on fixing bugs and other such funzies. And that pretty much sums up all of my spring break.

    Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment